Earlier this week we launched a new site design. This is the first update in many years, and probably long overdue. To be frank, I usually never love when sites that I’m used to go and change their design.
But in this case, I think the changes should make the site more user-friendly – and I hope more pleasant for you, the readers. The previous design had a number of drawbacks which I hope the new version remedies.
First off, all the content is still here – some things just look a little different. So what’s new?
- For one, you should now see larger images on posts (desktop)
- The text should also appear a bit larger and easier to read
- Better related posts feature to find more interesting things to read
- More attractive site search
- And the overall design is a simpler two-column layout. This means less blank space when viewing on desktop
Additionally, for mobile users, the site should render better on various screen sizes, and thus be easier to use. Things like the logo and menu remain the same.
I’ll also be adding larger images to a lot of the previously-published posts, and making some other improvements to make it more user-friendly and easier to find things.
I’m still working on some tweaks and a few additions, so I hope you’ll bear with me. But I’d be glad to hear what you think, and your suggestions are welcome too.