Day 6 since Linda Stoltzfoos was last seen. Readers have been asking for updates on the situation. So I’ll share the freshest reporting on it. These points are taken from an article yesterday at Lancaster Online:
- Authorities have gotten hundreds of tips. Many are vague, but they are processed to see if patterns develop
- East Lampeter Police are “winding up their involvement in leading the search” of the area where Linda was last reported seen – in order to focus more on these tips. “There’s only so many times you can search the same area over again” said Lieutenant Matt Hess.
- Volunteers were still searching as of yesterday
- Hess repeated that they have found no evidence of foul play
- The FBI has been involved since Wednesday, but the way they are helping was not disclosed. It’s not unusual for the FBI to provide assistance in missing persons cases
- If, despite what is believed, Linda disappeared of her own choice, “police want her to know she is not in trouble and to contact police”
Some photos, mostly from the search Facebook page.
At 5′ 10″, Linda is rather tall. She looks to be about the tallest of her group of friends.
Searching for Linda. Photo by Andy Blackburn/Lancaster Online.
Searchers and other community members.
Praying for Linda.
A “missing” poster in Lancaster City.
Missing since June 21.
Putting up a sign.
Men waiting by the phone in case she should call. It sounds like people are waiting for a call round-the-clock.
Needless to say Linda being missing for nearly a week is not good news. I have heard from a local person the same things that have been said in media – that of all people, Linda would not be one to run away.
Those who know her best must be praying to be wrong about that.
Here’s the Facebook page for the search for Linda. Anyone with information is asked to call the East Lampeter Township Police at 717-291-4676 OR you may submit a tip to the department’s CRIMEWATCH page.