272 responses to Wisconsin Amish

Lois Klobucher
    Wisconsin Amish (October 28th, 2010 at 07:17)

Thank You for this wonderful article I really enjoyed it, now my husband and I are going to do some road trips thank you agin, I really enjoy all of your articles, very informative

Wisconsin Amish (October 28th, 2010 at 07:35)

Many thanks Lois–I hope you enjoy your road trips, and travel safe!

Kirsten Lynch
      Looking to interview (March 1st, 2012 at 12:05)

Looking to interview

Hello,
      I am taking an Ethics class and I need to interview someone of a different religion than mine. I was hoping to interview someone who is Amish. If you or anyone has any information on how I would find someone in my area (Beaver Dam, Dodge Co. WI.) that would be very helpful.

Kirsten Lynch
      kirstenew@msn.com

Richard Lee Dawley
        Interviewing an Amish person for your class (March 1st, 2012 at 12:14)

Interviewing an Amish person for your class

I’m wondering what religion is yours to make the Amish religion “differnet.” They are Christian believers. I know several Amish folks in the Kingston, WI area.
        Richard Dawley
        www.richarddawley.com
        rld7971858@att.net

Kirsten
          Wisconsin Amish (March 1st, 2012 at 14:40)

They are not a different religion than mine however the lifestyle is. I have always wanted to learn more about how to live a more simple life.

Richard Lee Dawley
            Visit my presentation (March 10th, 2012 at 21:17)

Visit my presentation

I’ll be making a slide talk on the Amish at the Watertown, Wisconsin PUblic Library March 29, 2012 at 7 p.m.
            Raise your question after the slides, or talk with me after the program on how to live a simpler lifestyle similar to what you see the Amish living. Or, is the Amish lifestyle really simpler?

Richard Dawley
            Amish Insight

John Lueders
    Wisconsin Amish (October 28th, 2010 at 11:19)

Hi Erik. What a great series. I really enjoy the travelogues as they will surely help in my travels to these places. I am from Wisconsin and one community that is now gone/failed is the settlement near Amherst which was the second oldest in the state behind only Medford. It had just reached 4 districts but soon after started to see families leave for various reasons. Around 2000 is when the last family moved out to Marion, Wi. What a sad day as I had just started to know quite a few families there. I never thought I would see such a thing happen before my eyes.
    Thanks again for all your posts and your book was excellent as well.

Wisconsin Amish

Suzanna Laitinen
    Wisconsin Amish (October 28th, 2010 at 12:23)

Really informative blog you have. I highly enjoy reading your posts. Learning alot, thank you!

Wisconsin Amish (October 29th, 2010 at 12:42)

Thank you Suzanna! Hope you’ll visit again :)

• Amherst, Wisconsin Amish settlement

Hi John many thanks and great to hear from Wisconsin readers here. I had been aware of the Amherst settlement and it seems that is just the way things go with some of these communities. For instance in Ohio there are a couple of settlements that are both around 100 years old and just holding on at barely a church district. Meanwhile other communities take off and grow like wildfire.

It was really nice to hear the kind words on my book-thank you!

Amherst, Wisconsin Amish settlement

Christina
    Wisconsin Amish (October 30th, 2010 at 13:42)

There’s also a settlement north of Portage, WI in Columbia County (or just over the border into the next county–not sure). Anywho, there’s a little Amish-run country store that sells bulk foods and canned goods and sometimes produce. I think the actual name is Missler’s Country Store or something like that. We just always called it the Amish store and I always liked the candy section because they had all types of candy in bulk;-) There’s supposed to be a bakery somewhere in the area as well, but we’ve never found it. And, there’s a nice furniture shop across the road from the store–possibly run by the same family. In any case, it’s always a treat to go to the “Amish store” with my aunt every time I visit!

Wisconsin Amish

pat nielsen
      Wisconsin Amish (August 13th, 2012 at 09:45)

just getting ready to go over going to viset some of the friends we have gotten over the years we have taken some as far as penn. had a ball these people should not be put on display for people to gop at

Wisconsin Amish (October 31st, 2010 at 07:09)

Christina nice to hear about another Wisconsin Amish community. It’s funny this is the 2nd time this week I’ve heard about the Columbia County community but I don’t have a listing for it. I wonder if it is relatively new or if I just have it under a different name/county. Need to check the map!

Thomas
    Wisconsin Amish (November 3rd, 2010 at 20:17)

Not sure what Mr. Luthy means concerning the community in Viroqua being non-existent. There’s a small Swartzentruber community there.

Wisconsin Amish (November 4th, 2010 at 04:11)

Hi Thomas, you are correct concerning Viroqua; in fact as of ’08 there are 2 separate communities under the Viroqua tag according to the listing.

The Viroqua community referenced here was one located nearer Rising Sun, and which ceased to exist in the early 2000s. I’ve tweaked the entry to clarify and prevent confusion. Thanks for bringing this up.

Wisconsin Amish (November 20th, 2010 at 21:45)

Erik, do you or anyone know who would be constructing portable wood garages. The Amish in PA, Kentucky and other places in the East make them and ship them on flatbed trailers. We are interested in pricing one locally. Size is 10 by 20/24. I thought someone might know of local Amish who are doing this type of wood work.

andrew
      log cabin (January 8th, 2012 at 12:17)

log cabin

did you ever find anyone? I am in the wautoma area looking for someone to build a small amish log cabin on my property

glen k. wilson
      made to order garage (June 18th, 2012 at 23:05)

made to order garage

i know of several carpenters in the dalton cambria area. if you would send the specifics to my email and maybe a contact number, i will ask around and get back to you. where is the final destination?

glen k wilson

Wisconsin Amish (November 21st, 2010 at 19:50)

Hi Roberta, I wish I could help you on that but don’t have direct contacts of someone in Wisconsin doing this, though I am sure there are folks who do. Maybe someone else who reads this has a little local knowledge on this one.

Kristen Scott
    Wisconsin Amish (December 20th, 2010 at 08:22)

Erik,

I want to find out if there are any Amish who might be willing to help/teach a group of people to do a barn raising.

I am founding a therapeutic farm (Leap of Faith Farm) for individuals and families impacted by trauma. Our philosophy is healing through meaningful work with animals, the environment, and the community.

We will need to build a barn/arena.

Sincerely,

Kristen

Wisconsin Amish (December 20th, 2010 at 08:28)

Hi Kristen, thanks for checking in with me–I wish I could help you, but the best thing to do might be to check directly with Amish in one of these communities–I’m assuming you’re in Wisconsin?

jeff baker
    Wisconsin Amish (March 7th, 2011 at 12:58)

Erik,

The Amish Store North of Portage is in Dalton Wisconsin. It is called Mishler’s Country Store and has everything you could possibly need as an Amish Family(that is the Bulk Food,Spices,Herbs,Cook Books,Kitchen Ware,Oil Lamps Etc… . It is Seven Miles North of Pardeeville on Hwy. 22 to Barry Road-Turn East and go 2 miles, it is on the right(South) side of the road. To the West of them is a farm selling Fresh Eggs($1.25 a Dozen)and one that sells fresh Produce and Flowers in Season. Mischler’s-W5115 Barry Road,Dalton, Wis. 52926. No Electricity,Closed on Sundays and possibly Thursdays. Great Prices. Can also get crowded on Friday and Saturday. Hope This Helps.

Jeff.

Wisconsin Amish

Debbie
      Times (May 6th, 2013 at 09:34)

Times

Does anyone one know what times Mishler’s Country Store in Dalten (or the bakery) is open? I’m an hour and a half away and I’ve never been there, I don’t want to drive that distance if it’s going to be closed.

jeff baker
    Wisconsin Amish (March 7th, 2011 at 13:04)

Erik, Sorry about the Typo- Dalton, Wisconsin Zip Code is 53926.

Jeff.

jeff baker
    Wisconsin Amish (March 7th, 2011 at 13:17)

Erik,

Here is a list of Amish and Mennonite Stores in Wisconsin. I go to the One that is 6 miles Wesy of Beloit on Wis. Hwy. 81- Kauffman’s Country Store, because it is close to me(I live 20 mile west of Chicago) and has Great Priced Bulk Foods.

WISCONSIN

N 5183 17th Drive
    Wild Rose, WI
    920-622-3338

Jeff.

Wisconsin Amish

Patricia L Huber
      Bulk Food Store (September 9th, 2011 at 23:33)

Bulk Food Store

I didn’t see listed the Bulk Food Store in in Neshkoro, WI…although it might be Mennonite. Here is the info:

Spring Lake Country Store
      Street: W5496 Cumberland Lane
      Neshkoro, wi 54960-7374
      Phone: (920) 566-0272

I’m really enjoying this blog. Just found it tonight! I frequently see Amish in Wautoma, as well as Marion. I live between in Waupaca (central Wisconsin). I have been fascinated with the “Plain People” for years and really enjoy reading Amish fiction. Thanks for the info here!

Bulk Food Store

Richard Dawley
        Spring Lake Country Store in Neskoro, WI (May 11th, 2012 at 08:39)

Spring Lake Country Store in Neskoro, WI

Yes, it is run by Mennonites. A near-by bakery is also run by a Mennonite lady and I’ve heard she is closing the business or may have already–Matties Bakery.
        Richard Dawley
        Amish Insight
        www.richarddawley.com

John
      Wisconsin Amish (December 13th, 2011 at 16:47)

Just got back from Detweiler’s. They are located on State Hwy 104, not Hwy 14.

NEW AMISH STORE (January 15th, 2014 at 04:11)

NEW AMISH STORE

I just wanted to introduce you to our 7000 sq ft Amish Store
      We have Amish Bulk Food, spices, canned goods, jams jellies.
      We have Amish Hand made items including Furniture
      OVER 5000 garden statues
      Petting zoo
      Reloved furniture. We have craftsman rebuild old furniture into new again.
      FB Country Treasures & Thrift
      N 3469 State Road 26
      Juneau is mailing however physically close to Clyman WI
      53039 920 696 3100

NEW AMISH STORE

Wisconsin Amish (March 7th, 2011 at 13:56)

Jeff, thanks for the great info. This will add to the page and I think be helpful for people. Appreciate any others who’d like to share too.

Irene
    Amish bedroom furniture makers (April 28th, 2011 at 00:52)

Amish bedroom furniture makers

Do you know any Amish furniture makers who sell their custom made furniture directly to the individual vs. through a retail store? I’m looking to have some custom-made bedroom furniture made.

Thanks,
    Irene

Richard Lee Dawley
    Amish Furniture (May 1st, 2011 at 09:23)

Amish Furniture

Tri-County Lumber Readstown, WI 54652

I have more depending on where you live and what you want.

Cory
      Log Furniture (October 9th, 2011 at 18:26)

Log Furniture

Do you know any that make log furniture that you would see in a cabin? I would prefer close to the Spooner area but would be interested in any that you know of.

There is a store in Brooklyn Park, MN that sell log furniture made be them and it is beautiful. Thanks in advance.

Jennifer
    Furniture (May 25th, 2011 at 14:08)

Furniture

Detweiler & Kauffman Albany, WI 53502

Richard Lee Dawley
    Furniture makers (May 25th, 2011 at 14:34)

Furniture makers

One of the best places to find wood artisans is at their Quilt and Furniture auctions in Wisconsin. There are about 13 of them from April to October. They have their business cards on their furniture in the “holding tent” that you can see the furniture, pick up their business cards, and even talk with them.

Richard Lee Dawley
    www.richarddawley.com
    New Berlin, WI

christine sullivan
    my (new) amish buggy (June 12th, 2011 at 15:23)

my (new) amish buggy

I just bought an enclosed 2 seat buggy that has steel wheel rims. I am wanting to restore parts of it but do not want to mess up the history of it. Is there any place on the buggy that would give me an idea of where it was made and possible how old it is. It has roll up side doors with windows and a back roll up door with a window. The front window is clear plastic which is detachable and it has not wipers. It does have electice lights from a battery and no brakes of any sort. Can you give me any information that can help me?

my (new) amish buggy

shaghalay
    Health care (June 21st, 2011 at 18:21)

Health care

Thanks a lot for this wonderful article. it was very informative and helpful.
    I am a Physician and wanted to help Amish population and establish a clinic at least couple of days a week, it will be a cash only practice with minimum fee. I was wondering if there is any possiblity to materialize it.
    I will appreciat your kind in put

thanks once again

Tim kannenberg
    Amish farm (June 21st, 2011 at 22:10)

Amish farm

There are Amish farms in Grant Co. I know this I visited one. In 2003&2004 I had a delivery driving job I drove from Madison to Prairie Du Chine. On highway 18 between Montfort and Fennimore there is a Amish farm that sells corn and bake goods at there stand in front of there farm on highway 18. I brought stuff from them alot in the summers of 03,&04. I got to know some of the people and visited them in side there house two times. very nice people. I even got to ride in the buggy with the Man of the house and his son. I belive I got to do this cus I talk to them about God,the Father and the Son and Holy Spirit. I’m a Believer (Christian) Do you know is there any Amish people in the state of Washington and CA.

Amish farm

Hardev Parama
    Excellent produce in the Dalton area! (June 30th, 2011 at 19:05)

Excellent produce in the Dalton area!

Stopped at a few local Amish farms and had fine conversations
    with fantastic veg! Lovely canned goods as well! Cabinet shops
    and machine shops? What a great trusting community lots of on
    your honor boxes!

"daughter community" (July 4th, 2011 at 22:45)

"daughter community"

Erik,
    You mentioned that Amish from Cashton, WI have started at least one daughter community in Southern Illinois. I am from Southern Illinois and I would be interested to know where that daughter community might be located.

Judy
    Info on Amish lunch needed SOON. (August 5th, 2011 at 16:42)

Info on Amish lunch needed SOON.

I am going to Columbia County WI SOON and would like to have lunch at the home of an Amish family. How can I find out about where? I( have tried several resources by haven’t been able to connect. Thanks. Judy

Lunch at an Amish "restaurant" (June 12th, 2012 at 07:22)

Lunch at an Amish "restaurant"

There are no “Amish restaurants”. In many states the Amish serve a meal in their home or in another building on their farms, but not a walk in any time restaurant. Tours are usually arranged to settlements and include a meal in a home. Some communities, however, frown on such “commercialization.” And local health departments are sometime overjealous and shut them down, in one case I know with a $500 fine for not having “ice cubes cold enough.” I lead tours to five communities in Wisconsin and know the treatment some Amish suffer.
      Richard Lee Dawley

Lunch at an Amish "restaurant"

Corrine stone
    How to contact a community (August 12th, 2011 at 13:27)

How to contact a community

I have two 6 burner gas stoves to sell in good condition.
    I am sorry but I don’t know how to get intouch with the
    Communities in my area – Edgar Wisconsin.

janine
      Wisconsin Amish (August 31st, 2011 at 17:53)

Try contacting Noah Borntrager, F1412 County Rd N, Edgar WI. There is a benefit fish fry at their farm (for their new school) this Friday Sept 2. from 5-9 p.m. 1/4 mile west of Hwy 97 on Cty Rd. N.

Serving: fish, potatoes, veg, salad, fresh homemade bread and pie. Drinks and coffee.

I have attended pancake benefits at this farm. GOOD FOOD!!!

aution off your stove (December 15th, 2012 at 20:48)

aution off your stove

Check with the Horst Restaurant and Horse pavilion near you in Thorp or Withie. They may have a list of auctions in your area this coming summer.

janine
    Sheldon area Amish (August 31st, 2011 at 17:46)

Sheldon area Amish

There must be a settlement near Sheldon, as there is an advertisement in the “shopper” for a benefit pig roast on 9/5. At the Sheldon Amish Auction Bld. N1009 Marshall Rd., Sheldon. Proceeds to help offset medical expenses incurred for the baby of Melvin & Lydia Schrock. They recently had a consignment auction in this building as well. Quilts, furniture, crafts, misc. The contact person for the auction was Marvin Mast.

Sheldon area Amish

Sara
    Great Blog! (October 1st, 2011 at 08:34)

Great Blog!

I really enjoyed reading this article …thanks for posting it!

~Sara

Jen
    Other Amish Communities (November 2nd, 2011 at 10:24)

Other Amish Communities

Does anyone know of any Amish communities in the Washington/Sheboygan/Fond du Lac county areas? Please let me know.

Richard Lee Dawley
      Calumet County Amish Settlement (November 2nd, 2011 at 10:39)

Calumet County Amish Settlement

Hello Jen,
      I’m curious of your interest in the Fond du Lac county area. Do you live nearby? I’m making two slide talks on the Amish In Wisconsin in Columbus, WI and Cambria, WI this month if you are interested. They are in public Libraries in each town and free.
      There is a small settlement in St. Anna in Calumet County. I lead tours there and have an Amish meal.
      Check out my web site richarddawley.com rld7971858@att.net

I’d like to network if you have a serious interest in the Amish and/or Mennonites or Hutterites as I write non-fiction books about my experiences with them over the past two decades.

Calumet County Amish Settlement

Jen
        Wisconsin Amish (November 2nd, 2011 at 16:00)

I was just seeing if anyone knew what I was talking about-there was an amish community in the Campbellsport area (maybe north) about ten years ago and was just wondering if it was still there. Thanks@!

Gina
          Campbellsport (June 12th, 2012 at 00:07)

Campbellsport

Jen,
          Yes there is one near that area. I work for American Red Cross and did a blood drive in that area. Unless they are Mennonite? They had the traditional clothes and such, but were willing to answer our questions on the computer (which those in Loyal will not do) and one had a cell phone. But either way, they were still there :) This was this Spring (2012).

Gina
            Campbellsport (June 12th, 2012 at 08:05)

Campbellsport

Like many of the readers here, I have always been fascinated with the Amish. So I love it when there are some that come to the blood drives. In the Campbellsport area (somewhere between there and Plymouth – they are all little country towns close together) were the ones I mentioned. I talked to one of the girls, and I know she had made her own dress and they didn’t drive cars themselves. She had recently married, and was quite happy about it. Her husband was from PA. So I asked her “how do you meet someone from so far away when you don’t drive [cars] or use the computer?” She said it was a friend’s wedding…at weddings, they seat unmarried youth with a member of the opposite sex. So she hit it off with the guy she was placed next to…they had the same last name, so she didn’t even have to change her name :)

Campbellsport

Cambellsport Amish (June 12th, 2012 at 07:37)

Cambellsport Amish

I know there was a fledgling settlement near there in Oakton, or Oakfield but it never materialized.

jeff baker
    Wisconsin Amish (November 2nd, 2011 at 20:39)

I don’t know about Campbellsport, but I always go to the store in Dalton – Mishler’s Country Store on Barry road- just east of route 22 and west of 44. It is right near the point where Green Lake co.,Columbia co. and Marquette co. come together.

It’s a pretty large store with no electricity. They just expanded in the last year and when I was up there 3 weeks ago they had 2 or 3 checkout lanes(all push button adding machines).

I live in the Chicago area, so I do not get to that area more than 2 or 3 times a year. Normally I go to Kauffman’s in Beloit(just west on highway 81. They are a Mennonite store I believe(they have electricity and cars). Kauffmans is only a quarter of the size of Mishler’s, but they seem to have as much variety. They just have more in back in storage and bulk.

Wisconsin Amish

Judy Owens
    Auction in Dalton? (November 28th, 2011 at 11:41)

Auction in Dalton?

I understand that there is an animal auction in Dalton on the first Sat. of the month. Do they ever sell overstock furniture? I would be interested in attending on Dec. 3rd. I am looking for several items, ex: rocking chair, dining buffet, bedroom set.
    And if you do purchase something, is there a place to hold items until trucking can be organized?

Maria
    Where to purchase hormone steroid free meat? (January 15th, 2012 at 15:26)

Where to purchase hormone steroid free meat?

I am looking to purchase hormone steroid free qualty meat from the Amish.
    I usually go to Yoder’s in Shipshewana, IN. The quality is fantastic but I am looking for a place closer to my home. I live about 50 miles at NW suburbs of Chicago. I will appriciated any suggestions you might have,
    Thanks much…Maria

Patricia
      Steroid/hormone free chicken (April 15th, 2012 at 13:48)

Steroid/hormone free chicken

Check at your local Piggly Wiggly. Our deli sells broasted chicken made from Amish grown, steriod/hormone free chicken that is shipped in from Indiana. They might be able to ship in orders for you, as well! Hope this helps!

Daniel Halvorsen
    Wisconsin Amish (February 1st, 2012 at 19:05)

Are there any Amish kitchen cabinet makers near or around southern Minnesota?

Brie B
      Wisconsin Amish (February 8th, 2012 at 00:11)

In response to Daniel Halvorsen, the above mentioned Brubaker’s Country Store has a featured kitchen cabinet maker at their store, maybe call them and see where he is located? Just a suggestion!

MN Amish cabinet maker (April 16th, 2012 at 07:57)

MN Amish cabinet maker

Thanks for the question Daniel, here’s a listing of Minnesota Amish furniture retailers, the first business listed works with a half-dozen Amish cabinet makers. The business is in central MN (Isanti), not sure where the Amish cabinet makers are located: http://amishamerica.com/amish-furniture-minnesota/

Also there is a Minnesota Amish thread for any other Minnesota Amish questions you might have:

MN Amish cabinet maker

Brie B
    Northern WI (February 7th, 2012 at 12:37)

Northern WI

We live near Oconto, WI, and there is a fantastic Mennonite Bulk Food Store here, Brubaker’s Country Store, 3152 County Rd. A Oconto, WI 54153, phone number is 920-834-5010. It is owned and run by the Brubaker family, who also raise chickens and sell their beautiful brown eggs in their store, as well as Paul Brubaker’s fresh baked breads every day, including White, Whole Wheat, Seven Grain, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Raisin, and Rye with Carraway Seeds. They also have a nice deli section with a variety of meats and cheeses, and a very bountiful variety of bulk foods, health foods, Furniture, Glass bottled milk, and much more! Also in our Mennonite area is Garden Spot, located on Hwy 22 in Oconto, is a Menoonite owned nursery, with pick-your-own fruits during the summer, and a huge array of fruits and veggies for sale during the summer and fall, which they sell at the Green Bay Farmer’s Market on Sat. mornings on Cherry St.
    As far as an Amish community, Bonduel is quite heavily populated with Amish, including a Bent-and-Dent, and the Lark Country Store, on Lark Lane, which is a nice Amish Bulk Food Store. There is also a fantastic Amish bakery in Bonduel, with out of this world donuts on fri and saturdays! Hope someone else may enjoy these places as our family has!

Northern WI

Mary Jo
    Amish in St. Anna area (April 15th, 2012 at 12:16)

Amish in St. Anna area

There is a small community of Amish in the St. Anna Wi area. Located in the Calumet, Fond du Lac and Sheboygan county area.
    They have various types of businesses.
    I have been doing some business with them and find them very interesting.

Al
    Wisconsin Amish (April 17th, 2012 at 23:36)

Sauk County has a fairly large Amish population.

Richard Dawley
      Sauk County Amish Community (May 5th, 2012 at 09:04)

Sauk County Amish Community

Al,

I write non-fiction books (8 so far and a 9th in process) about the Amish, Mennonites, and Hutterites. Can you tell me more about the AMish in Sauk County? I’d like to visit some in summer or fall.

Richard Dawley
      www.richarddawley.com

Al
        Wisconsin Amish (May 5th, 2012 at 15:03)

Around Lime Ridge, Hill Point and Ironton are a decent number. All are in the northwest corner of the county.

Al
          Wisconsin Amish (May 5th, 2012 at 15:07)

Also the Baraboo Farmers Market always has a few Amish vendors.

Baraboo Amish (June 12th, 2012 at 07:25)

Baraboo Amish

Thanks Al for the update. I know the Ironton folks with great Cashew Crunch for sale at auctions.
            Richard Lee Dawley
            New Berlin, WI

Ellie
    Ammish farms, stores close to Wausau? (April 23rd, 2012 at 10:39)

Ammish farms, stores close to Wausau?

Thank you for wonderful article. I have recently relocated to Wausau, WI and wondering if there are local Ammish farms, supply stores, etc. where can purchase eggs, cheese, etc? thanks again for helpful article.

Jenny Vater
      grocery stores / bulk food (July 30th, 2012 at 00:00)

grocery stores / bulk food

Listed above is Cloverdale in Curtis, also there is Hene Supply just outside of Withee (maybe a mile north of HWY 29. Another store that I haven’t seen in the comments is Country Corner Sales in Marion (run by an Amish family). If in the Marion area in the spring and ealy summer time there is also a greenhouse called Sunset Acres just south of Marion.

Annika
    More WI Mennonite stores (May 4th, 2012 at 15:18)

More WI Mennonite stores

I’ve been to three Mennonite stores not listed on this page. I really like them all.

Brubaker’s Country Store
    3152 County Road A
    Oconto, WI 54153
    (920) 834-5010

Beaver Creek Bulk & Natural
    6428 Iron Bridge Road
    Athens, WI 54411
    (715) 257-7259

Weaver’s Country Store
    E13765 U.S. 12
    Fall Creek, WI 54742
    (715) 877-2020 ‎
    I also found this website when I was looking for its address, but I’m not sure if it is actually managed by the people that own Weaver’s, since they are Mennonite.

More WI Mennonite stores

Mary Jo
    Amish bakery in Potter (May 5th, 2012 at 09:50)

Amish bakery in Potter

There is now available Amish bakery on Fridays in Potter.
    Between Brillion and Chilton on Main St.
    Hwy PP and Hwy Y.
    9 AM to 4:30 PM
    for more details contact me

david
    Mennonites near Hillsboro, WI (July 9th, 2012 at 09:06)

Mennonites near Hillsboro, WI

Do you know of any Mennonite communities, meeting houses, businesses, or farms near Hillsboro, WI?

Nancy
    I need a fence installed (July 9th, 2012 at 18:54)

I need a fence installed

Hello~

I am looking to have a fence built for our backyard to keep our dogs in. We live right outside of Wausau, Wi in Weston.

Thank you in advance.
    Nancy

Ride to Ortman Clinic in Canistota, SD (July 11th, 2012 at 19:37)

Ride to Ortman Clinic in Canistota, SD

I’m planning a trip to the Ortman Clinic in Canistota, SD in September. Was wondering if there are any Amish who would be looking to get a ride. I have room for 3 people.
    If anyone knows how to contact the Amish in various locations, please let me know. I would be traveling from Madison on the interstate through La Crosse.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Bob

Looking for amish market to by veg's for canning? (July 22nd, 2012 at 18:00)

Looking for amish market to by veg's for canning?

Looking for an Amish veg market?
    Anything near Wisconsin Dells?
    let me know.
    Jamie Dusthimer

Jeff Baker
    Wisconsin Amish (July 22nd, 2012 at 20:12)

Mishler’s Country Store
    W 5115 Barry Rd.
    Dalton, WI
    608-429-3392

This is about 25-30 miles east of Wis. Dells. Take 33 east to 22 or 44 and go north. You will have to use a detailed map or possibly google it. I just do it from memory when I reach Portage, so I do not remember the exact roads that I take. Barry road is also called HH which is the northern part of Columbia County. Look for where Columbia county intersects with Marquette and Green Lake County and you will be very close to it.
    I believe it is between 22 and 44.

The vegetable farm is just west of them 1 or 2 farms down.

Remember -Amish and Mennonite store are closed on Sunday’s.

Wisconsin Amish

glen k wilson
      mischlers grocery store (July 25th, 2012 at 22:10)

mischlers grocery store

if you take 33 east out of portage until you come to hiway22 (should be the first stop sign) turn left (north). aprox. 6 miles north you’ll come to barry road. turn right, down about 2 miles, michlers is on the right.
      enjoy

Jenny Vater
    Wisconsin Amish (July 30th, 2012 at 00:03)

Loved this article. I came from the Medford/Owen/Clark County area, moved to Amherst around the time they were leaving, then moved to Iola and I am enjoying the resources the Amish community in Marion has to offer.

Michael Obinger
    Amish Hose Auctions or sales (August 1st, 2012 at 16:15)

Amish Hose Auctions or sales

I’m interested in buying a light driving horse and am wondering how to find driving horses for sale by Amish folks or an
    Amish horse auction. I’m in southern Wisconsin.

janine
      Wisconsin Amish (August 2nd, 2012 at 13:36)

Horst Stables ( Thorp) has a sale of driving horses the first Wednesday of each month. The web site is www.horststablesauctions.com. Double R Horse sales (Neillsville) has a four day sale in September that includes equipment, driving horses and riding horses. That web site is www.centralwihorsesales.net.

Mary Jo
    Haystack Supper, St. Anna (August 10th, 2012 at 09:39)

Haystack Supper, St. Anna

The Amish community in the St. Anna area, near Elkhart Lake,
    is having a
    Haystack Supper
    with home made pies and home made ice cream,
    August 29th
    from 4 PM to 7:30 PM
    at the St. Anna Fireman’s Park on Sheboygan Rd and School St.
    It is a free will offering and benefits their school.