14 responses to Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27
    Rita
    Comment on Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27 (May 28th, 2012 at 08:12)

Great posting, Erik! I read this site everyday and had only read a few of these. Would definitely like to see more of this “miscellaneous” type posting.

Comment on Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27 (May 28th, 2012 at 08:55)

What a great idea for a post because you’re right, sometimes there’s not time to go back to a post and read the rest of the comments. Very fun!

Carolyn B
    Comment on Compilation was worth the effort (May 28th, 2012 at 09:25)

Compilation was worth the effort

This compilation must have taken a great deal of effort to consolidate into one post. I appreciate the idea and the work you did & do every week to inform and entertain us in the Amish America community.

I look forward to the next similar post. Have a great week, Erik & friends here at Amish America.

Richard from Amish Stories
    Comment on Great Idea Erik (May 28th, 2012 at 09:33)

Great Idea Erik

A great idea and sometimes comment’s like these can become a post all themselves, and happy memorial day to all. Richard

Maggie
    Comment on Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27 (May 28th, 2012 at 10:44)

Thank you, Erik. Loved reading this post. Please do this again.

Comment on Misc. & Sundry...interesting! (May 28th, 2012 at 10:47)

Misc. & Sundry...interesting!

This is a good idea, Erik, and I agree with the others here who’ve said the same.

I’d look forward to more, even “categories” like “children/schools”, “Daadi houses”, “wood workings”, etc. It’s interesting to hear what your diverse “fan base” (?) sees/hears relating to the Amish throughout this country. I am always amazed by differences and similarities amongst various Amish settlements.

Now I’m REALLY curious about “traffic jam” jam! And hearing about Amish visiting Europe (and attending a Catholic church service!!!) is just one more surprise! Keep it comin’!

May everyone here have a peaceful Memorial Day.

Juanita Cook
    Comment on Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27 (May 28th, 2012 at 10:56)

Love reading all these wonderful post on there each day. Love learning more and more about the Amish!

Michael L
    Comment on Good stuff. (May 28th, 2012 at 13:10)

Good stuff.

Great idea for a post. Very interesting indeed.

• Thanks everyone, I do appreciate the feedback. Alice categories might be a nice idea if we get enough to make it work! And this was actually a pretty easy post to write, as you all did half the work :)

Marilyn
    Comment on Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27 (May 28th, 2012 at 15:48)

Thanks Erik, I seldom comment but enjoy all your labors of making Amish America possible! Often I’m busy and catch up on several at a time, but this was great!

Lindsay
    Comment on Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27 (May 28th, 2012 at 19:43)

How funny is this, but I tried a sample of Traffic Jam today! It is a red berry jam…I would guess strawberry and raspberry? Anyways, it was delicious and I recommend highly. I found it at the Rise N Roll location between Shipshewana and Middlebury.

Thanks for the comment shout out! I loved Shipshewana (though we based ourselves in Goshen).

Carolyn K
    Comment on Reader comments from around Amish America: May 17-27 (May 29th, 2012 at 08:06)

Really enjoyed reading this, Erik. Very interesting and entertaining. Thanks for putting it together.