6 responses to Photos From Western NY Amish Country
    Comment on Virtual visit (August 25th, 2017 at 12:45)

Virtual visit

Erik, thanks for today’s “virtual visit” to the Amish communities in western New York state. I’d like to visit all the businesses posted on the signs at the Young Rd. intersection as I find them intriguing!

There’s also quite a difference, it seems, between some communities—Clymer being so much more progressive than Conewango (almost Swartzentruber).

Back to reality here in the Midwest!

Comment on Photos From Western NY Amish Country (August 28th, 2017 at 06:55)

I have an Amish friend who moved from Ohio to another part of NY state, planning to visit later this year. This will be my first trip to Amish NY and I’m looking forward to it. Might find a way to head off-course on the way up or back to visit Conewango Valley, especially after seeing these photos.

Comment on Pictures of up stste New York (August 25th, 2017 at 20:02)

Pictures of up stste New York

Eric
    I just look at the pictures you posted and saw where you said about the hay stacks I am sorry to tell you that is not Hay but wheat the Amish farmer is combing and the other picture show how they shock the wheat until they want to take in to the barn to thrash it.

Comment on Photos From Western NY Amish Country (August 28th, 2017 at 06:50)

Hi Ivan, I’m not sure what you mean as I didn’t say anything about hay stacks in this post – maybe you are referring to something another writer said on the site I linked to?

Jim swan
      Comment on Oats (September 4th, 2017 at 19:25)

Oats

Not wheat there are OATS

Dave C
    Comment on Photos From Western NY Amish Country (September 13th, 2017 at 18:37)

Thank you for the virtual tour… Like ivy, Amish are spreading. It will be interesting to see how the culture evolves.