25 responses to Name that Amish community (#2)

Karen Miller
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 06:26)

I’d guess Dover Delaware :D

Carolyn K
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 06:35)

Somewhere beautiful that I would like to live.

Sharon R
      Name the Amish community #2 (November 4th, 2011 at 07:19)

Name the Amish community #2

YES, agree, a beautiful place to live!!!

So, on naming the community—from the limited visits I’ve made to Amish country — I’m going to GUESS maybe, Paradise, PA, or Bird-in-Hand, PA???? And of course, the phone number on the last one didn’t help — no area code. Plus the 1st photo, the sign was not totally visiable, either (ha)….The 2nd photo, of corn field, reminded me of the corn maze, we saw in Paradise, PA. and the early morning fog, also, reminded me of Smoketown, PA, where we stayed.

I give up, where are these photos taken?? Sharon R

Name the Amish community #2

Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 08:48)

I’d say DITTO to Carolyn’s comment. :)

Betty Hamilton
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 07:32)

Is is Illinois?
    Isn’t is wonderful how neat and clean the Amish keep their properties? I love traveling around the US by car and the Amish communities always impress me. The are always so well kept.

Marilyn from New York
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 07:52)

I have no idea where that is but it is beautiful. But seeing I am from New York, I will say that the picture is from my home state. Maybe upstate or over on the east lower east side of New York STate.
    Marilyn

3 different communities (November 4th, 2011 at 08:28)

3 different communities

Just to clarify–each photo is from a different community.

And I’ve made sure there is a little clue in each shot :)

Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 08:36)

Photo #1 – Big Valley, Belleville, PA

Photo #2 – Ohio

Photo #3 – New York

Sharyn Ecker
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 09:23)

Photo 1 I don’t know ? Ohio
    Photo 2 Indiana somewhere ,only state that requires plates on buggies
    Photo 3 British Columbia from the phone number

Alecia
    Amish communities (November 4th, 2011 at 10:29)

Amish communities

#1 has got to be Lancaster Cty. I have been past the sign on my back road rides besides the house and surroundings are just Lancaster.

#2 I am also guessing Indiana somewhere.

#3 I have no idea.

Alice Aber
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 11:13)

Illinois
    Indiana
    Ohio

Just my guesses, I really have no clue, LOL.

Bridget
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 11:14)

My guesses:

1: Arthur, IL
    2: Adams or Allen Counties, IN
    3. Dover, DE

Christina
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 12:33)

I’ll take a stab at it…

1) No clue, but the picture is beautiful!
    2) Allen County Indiana (definitely Swiss Amish)
    3) Dover, DE

Sharyn Ecker
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 12:42)

upon further research photo 3 could be either Dover DE or British Columbia .

Dena
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 14:17)

No idea where these are but want to buy that farm!!

Al in Ky.
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 19:42)

1. Lagrange County, Ind.

2. Allen County, Ind.

3. Dover, Delaware

kerry
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 19:55)

I’d guess…

1. Ohio, possibly Wayne County
    2. Indiana, Berne area or Allen County
    3. unsure – could be Delaware or New York, but my first thought was Michigan

Rose
    what's this Amish Community #2 (November 4th, 2011 at 20:23)

what's this Amish Community #2

This 3rd picture with the sale sign looks like in Mio, Michigan, but no it’s not Lol (^_^)

Slightly-handled-Order-man
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 21:08)

Sharyn Ecker; British Columbia has an Amish population, I did not know this. You learn something every day, eh. Thanks for that!

Naomi
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 21:13)

Here’s my guess, but I am building on what others have said.

#1 Definitely has that polished Lancaster look.

#2 Indiana

#3 Mississippi

Sharyn Ecker
    Name that Amish community (#2) (November 4th, 2011 at 21:17)

SHOM , I dont know if they do I did a search on the Realtor and the phone number prefix and it came up British Columbia .

Matthew
    My guesses... (November 5th, 2011 at 07:30)

My guesses...

1. Nappannee, IN
    2. Berne, IN
    3. Almyer, Ontario, BC

Betsy (from Delaware)
    Amish Community (November 5th, 2011 at 11:57)

Amish Community

Okay Eric, fess it!?! lol Where are they?

Name that Amish community (#2) (November 5th, 2011 at 21:12)

Uh, open buggies with triangles (second photo)—my guess is Indiana.

Others also seem to be in “flatlands”…firscould be Illinois (Arthur),and since I didn’t do a phone number search, I’d go with those who did and guess British columbia.

Correct Answers (November 6th, 2011 at 15:12)

Correct Answers

All the right responses were mentioned but no one got all three in the same reply though some were pretty close (;

1Nappanee IN-the clue here was the sign, with a B and the very beginning of a u–for Burkholder a characteristic Nappanee Amish name. Also appearance of the farmhouses

2 Adams Co (Berne) IN-the open top buggies and the license plates were giveaways that this was probably one of the Indiana Swiss Amish settlements

3 Dover DE-main clue here was the for sale sign. Many Amish moving away from Dover past few years which we’ve discussed on some Dover Amish posts this year

In Canada Old Order Amish are only found in Ontario. There was an attempt to settle BC but didn’t work out.

Correct Answers