23 responses to Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos)
    Juanita Cook
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 06:30)

Wow, these are really great photo’s. Thanks for sharing.

• I agree, Ed is good with that camera of his. Juanita, by the way, you were the winner of In Meiner Jugend, I posted it here last week:

Let me know where I should have your copy sent, and congrats.

Al in Ky
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 07:16)

Interesting pictures. I’ve been to quite a few Amish consignment/benefit auctions in several states, but never was at one in cold, snowy weather, so this gave me a new perspective.

lincolnlady1121
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 08:04)

Beautiful pictures.

Comment on Covered bridges (April 14th, 2015 at 09:01)

Covered bridges

Love the photos! If you’d like to see many more covered bridges, come up to Columbia County. Unfortunately, we’ve lost some to floods in recent years.

kim amundsen
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 09:15)

Wonderful set of photo’s

Harriet
    Comment on Loved the pics! (April 14th, 2015 at 11:25)

Loved the pics!

I really enjoyed the pictures, especially the old washers, as they reminded me of my grandmother. I am curious about one thing…why do the men have on straw hats in the winter? Around here, they switch to felt hats and sock caps when it is old outside. Loved the sunsets!! Thanks for sharing.

Naomi Wilson
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 12:03)

We went to the Robert Fulton mud sale this year because it was recommended by our Amish friends. It did indeed seem to have the biggest assortment, especially of tools and equipment, of the sales we have been to, and things went at good prices.

But my main reason for leaving a comment is that the pic of grilling chicken reminded me, we had some at the RF sale, and was it ever good! I don’t know when we’ve had better. We may have to go back next year just for it.

ann
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 12:25)

thanks for sharing – loved the pictures

Carol
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 13:37)

Thanks to both of you for sharing these pics today! Blessings! Carol

Jerry
    Comment on Now those are good photos.. (April 14th, 2015 at 18:17)

Now those are good photos..

It feels like I’m right there in the middle of it all. I really enjoyed them. KUDOs.

Kathy Rowe
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 14th, 2015 at 18:36)

Sure enjoyed the photos. They are very nice. Thank you so much for sharing.

dave
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 15th, 2015 at 17:55)

Thank you for sharing….

Linda
    Comment on Cliff the Snowman at Bart Mud Sale (April 15th, 2015 at 19:36)

Cliff the Snowman at Bart Mud Sale

Thank you, Ed, for the photos, especially the sunrises, row of buggies, gigantic snowman (with a perspective of how big it really was), sleighs, farm lane cleared of snow, covered bridges, and the sunset with the windmill.

If life gives you snow, make a snowman! Did they name the snowman Cliff?

A report from
    says “Despite an 11″ snowstorm on the Thursday before the 1st sale and another 4″ snowstorm on the Friday before the 2nd sale, thank you to everyone for clearing the salegrounds. A 15 Foot Snowman [was] built by Sale Committee members 2 days before 51st Mud Sale 3-5-2015 (11″ snowstorm).”

May I add that 138 photos of the 2015 Bart Fire Co. Mud Sale can be seen at:

Slightly-handled-Order-man
    Comment on the snowman had a smaller ontario cousin (April 15th, 2015 at 20:28)

the snowman had a smaller ontario cousin

I love the snowman picture.
    Cliff the snowman had a little cousin here on my street. He appeared in front of a house next to one of the two churches on my street, I think he was created in an effort to store the snow from the sidewalk and along alley-way between the home and church, if not the corner church’s parking lot itself.
    I’ll call the snowman ‘J.W.” in reference to the denomination of the church whose parking lot he probably came from. I think ‘he’ lasted for a very long time.

Shirley Chapel
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 15th, 2015 at 21:11)

Loved everyone of Ed’s pictures he shared with us. The sunrises and sunsets. The covered bridges , the sleigh and the mud sales. Great post.

Janice Phillips
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (April 27th, 2015 at 09:46)

These photos are absolutely awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Kathy Rowe
    Comment on Lancaster County: From Snow to Thaw (44 Photos) (March 19th, 2017 at 16:07)

Great pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!