7 responses to Anderson County KS Amish
    Juanita Cook
    Comment on The Amish of Garnett, Kansas (October 1st, 2014 at 06:21)

Very interesting. I didn’t know there was more than one Amish community in Kansas. I will have to check these out some time when I am in Kansas to visit family.

Tom Geist
      Comment on Anderson County KS Amish (October 1st, 2014 at 23:09)

Juanita,

There are several Amish communities in Kansas. If you go to Garnett you might as well go to Fort Scott and also Chetopa Kansas as well. In Parsons Kansas you have the hardcore Swiss Amish which are growing very fast. When I was there a few months ago they had 79 families. They are an off branch of the Swiss from Seymour Missouri… which were from Berne, Indiana.

I am not sure which place you were aware of in Kansas… maybe Yoder. There is also a community in the Marysville Kansas area, though they are small.

Tom in Lincoln

LincNebr@hotmail.com

Julie Turner
    Comment on The Amish of Garnett, Kansas (October 1st, 2014 at 19:00)

Sometimes its annoying living in Australia.
    I never get to see the great videos that you post.
    Julie

Comment on Anderson County KS Amish (October 3rd, 2014 at 09:08)

I’m sorry to hear that Julie. I know you’ve had that issue before. Do they block everything from Youtube? When I’m in Poland I can usually always view videos on that site, however I think some other services like Hulu don’t work there.

Comment on The Amish of Garnett, Kansas (October 1st, 2014 at 21:53)

Thanks Tom and Erik.

Comment on opportunity (October 2nd, 2014 at 18:31)

opportunity

Perhaps that Amish grocery store closing would be a good opportunity for the Schmuckers to expand to serve their community. I hope the community survives & prospers. It does seem odd that there aren’t many stores there…or is that one way to keep pesky tourists away? 😉

Tom, interesting to hear about that Swiss Amish group expanding so quickly! I wonder why they chose Kansas? I’ll make a mental note to keep tabs on them!

bob Johnson
    Comment on Roof Repair in Flordia (September 12th, 2017 at 18:04)

Roof Repair in Flordia

Hi my name is Bob Johnson. I moved to Jacksonville Fl. A friend of mine mom age 80 roof got large trees thrown in the roof. Would there be a group of men that would rebuild her roof. I like the quality of work.

please email or call 913-220-5492