34 responses to Amish Business Directory
    Brad Schott
    Comment on Sawmills in Minnesota and Wisconsin (March 24th, 2016 at 07:08)

Sawmills in Minnesota and Wisconsin

I understand there are a few Amish owned sawmills in Minnesota and Wisconsin. How do I find their contact information?

Brad

Comment on Amish Business Directory (October 10th, 2016 at 23:14)

Also, google Amish sawmills in Minnesota and Wisconsin

Comment on Sawmills (January 17th, 2017 at 15:42)

Sawmills

Mahnomen County Amish sawmill , My neighbor, I’m English, call me at 507 456 0252. Northwest Minnesota for details

Comment on Amish Auctions (May 1st, 2016 at 07:46)

Amish Auctions

I am looking for a full list of Amish/Mennonite Auctions with date and who to contact. I love going to these auctions and I love consigning items. I live in Wisconsin but am interested in auctions in other states as well. Thank you!

Irene Nelson
      Comment on amish auctions in Pennsylvania (April 14th, 2017 at 13:03)

amish auctions in Pennsylvania

I am from California and am very interested in attending live auctions in Pennsylvania. Could you email me a list of the auctions and dates for 2017.
      Thanks,
      Irene Nelson

Joyce DiDomenico
    Comment on Amish businesses (May 3rd, 2016 at 17:03)

Amish businesses

I really respect the Amish community. Instead of the”English” looking at the as if in a fish bowl we should stop an take lessons from they, the way they parent their children too love God,hard workers,respect their parents,elders,and all living things. Most of all the love of family. How they help their neighbors. Would a directory of Amish companies their merchandise is superb they take loving mastery in all they build so, I want to purchase more of the Amish merchandise clothing essentials, furniture,household items, toys and foods. I visited Lancaster didn’t have enough room to take home all I wanted most of all I know by purchasing Amish item I can help finance this communities church,to help when need the Amish people

John
      Comment on Amish Business Directory (May 15th, 2016 at 22:42)

This is very true I have mass respect for the Amish I climb trees for a living and I know if I went n worked with them I’d be beat the end of the day I would’ve loved to get into it if I didn’t have so many kids already and a wife they like electric and game and cell phones to much lol but me, when I was Kid I wanted to live in the wood and survive on the land forever that was my goal plan

Robert W. Pappenfort
    Comment on Amish Contractor needed (May 13th, 2016 at 06:06)

Amish Contractor needed

I will be renovating the older buildings in downtown Lenox, Iowa. If interested please contact me, Robert W. Pappenfort, P.E.
    P.O. Box 264 Greenfield, Iowa. 50849 or by email rpappen47@yahoo.com. You must have at least 30 years experience in construction according to the international building CODES. We Build according to ALL CODES. NO EXCEPTIONS.

John wendel
    Comment on Have a question (May 15th, 2016 at 22:34)

Have a question

I have a pair of Carolina climbing boots I’m a tree a climber and I’m kinda tight on money I got kids n stuff I was wonder if I could send u a picture and see what it would cost to put the steel toe gaurds/ cover and some sewing were it tore away from seems and just make the leather agin I just want em pretty and will last for awhile again. Thank you -jonn

Kyle bacher
    Comment on Land for sale (August 23rd, 2016 at 11:05)

Land for sale

Hello we are looking to relocate and start mini farm and leave the busy life behind. We grew up in upstate ny on farm around amish and loved it. Lost touch with amish family up there and most my family moved all over. We been in florida 20 years and looking to move north and be half back. Just got back from visit to dunlap Tennessee and love it there. Before we left and now trying to get ahold of amish families that bought up big acreage for logging. We love the property of this one road there and wanted to know if they would sell some of the acreage there so we could build close to good friends of our as they are like family. If anyone can email me a contact to find out thank you for your time.

Rochelle ginis
    Comment on Amish stores in and around Ellenburgh ny. (August 23rd, 2016 at 13:33)

Amish stores in and around Ellenburgh ny.

I recently bought a summer cabin on Chateaugay Lake in Chateaugay NY. I have seen the presence of Amish neighbors on my lake road, Ellenburgh, Burke ,Malone etc. Is there a listing of crafts people in that area and carpenters to build a deck on the back of my log cabin?

I would love to know where to visit while I’m up there and find crafted projects and carpenters.thanks

Rochelle Ginis
    Comment on Amish Carpenters in and around Chateaugay Lake NY (August 27th, 2016 at 09:28)

Amish Carpenters in and around Chateaugay Lake NY

Through a contact I made at a barn builders business on Rte.11 near Ellenburgh I was able to get a contact of an Amish crew that builds decks in my area. It wasn’t through this blog that it was obtained. I’m having estimate done on Labor Day at my cabin. So happy. If interested I can tell you how it panned out.

donna weatherington
    Comment on need a shoe cobbler (September 5th, 2016 at 09:50)

need a shoe cobbler

I desperately need a shoe cobbler to build up a sole on a new shoe in the Kalona area?

Christine Simoneau
    Comment on I am looking for (October 4th, 2016 at 15:16)

I am looking for

I used to live in Waynesboro Tn. that is about 15miles from Lawrenceburg Tn. I went to a “machine shop” on the right side of the rd. (don’t remember the name) but there was a feed store on the left side of the road owned by a grumpy old American– I think the store was called grumpy’s or something like that, anyway, I would travel to the machine shop to get something made if the gentleman is still there. I have no way to find out and I now live about 250 miles away, not the kind of trip you want to take just to see if he is still there. Anyway, he has a neighbor who trained my horse to pull, that young man was moving but I am in hopes the other man has not. If anyone knows what I am talking about I would really like to know if he still has a shop there. I also have a suggestion: I have seen a directory sold in some Amish stores, that’s nice but to us “English” it is pretty much useless, to be of use to outsiders as well as the Amish it should be listed by what these people do, I have a difficult last name and I can say with confidence most of the Amish do as well, So rather than knowing how to find “Thomas” I would rather look for the town I live in and what trades are offered — then the person to contact. This is just a suggestion, but the directory only works for the Amish, not the English. Thank you for your time.

Comment on horse training (October 16th, 2016 at 12:55)

horse training

I have a few horses I would like to have trained to pull, I live in Glasgow Ky. now and haven’t been able to find anyone to train my horse. I tried clicking on the “horse related” listing, nothing happened, again if your “directory” was more specific I would buy it, but it doesn’t help a person just to see contact information if you don’t know what that person does for a living. I know there is a large Amish community in or near this area as I see them everywhere, I am amazed that when I stop an Amish person and ask they don’t seem to know anyone that does it either, who trains their horses?

Rose
      Comment on Amish Horse Trainers (January 3rd, 2017 at 22:26)

Amish Horse Trainers

Watergap Stables in Lancaster County Pa. trains horses to ride and drive. I personally sent my Paint mare there to be trained to drive many years ago. They sent me weekly updates on how she was doing and she came home in excellent condition. She was and still is very well trained both to ride and drive. I highly recommend them. They do have a website and their phone # is 610-593-2000. Just tell them the lady from Wantage, NJ with the Paint mare Misty sent you. Good luck!

Comment on How to List in your business directory (October 25th, 2016 at 09:43)

How to List in your business directory

Erik,
    We run a Metal Roofing Company that all labor is provided through Amish Contractors. We service all of Central, Northern and North Eastern OH. We would like to get listed in your directory.
    Our prices are very reasonable we offer 24 gauge standing seam Drexel metal roofs, run on site, with a nonprorated warranty and we offer EDCO Metal Slate/Shake Roofs. We also run our own corrugated metal for pole barn packages. Our Company information:

Ohio Metal Roofing
    Fredericktown, Oh
    740-751-8131
    www.metalroofohio.com

Bob Mcallister
    Comment on Horse barn (November 26th, 2016 at 13:52)

Horse barn

I’m looking for a 2 stall, we’ll built barn for my horses. Minimum stall size is 12’x12′ and I’d like a 8′ x 10′ tack room. It would need a overhang to keep the rain off them (4-6′)
    Do you make such a barn prefaced?
    thanks,
    Please respond to the email address I’ve provided.
    thanks again,
    Bob McAllister

Bob Mcallister
      Comment on Horse barn (November 26th, 2016 at 13:56)

Horse barn

I hate auto spell check.
      I intended on saying a “we’all built barn” and would like to know if you have one “prefabricated ”
      Thanks,

Betty McIntyre
    Comment on Puppy Mills (January 16th, 2017 at 14:30)

Puppy Mills

I looked at the Business Listings and do not see Dog breeding and sales. I have heard so much about Amish Puppy Mills and decided to ask for information. Thank you

Comment on Dog breeders (April 12th, 2017 at 09:35)

Dog breeders

Looking for a Brussels Griffon dog ! any info appreciated !

Comment on Our fav Amish Community Jamesport MO (February 2nd, 2017 at 11:50)

Our fav Amish Community Jamesport MO

Look all time at Amish Article but I have never seem our family fav Jamesport. Vfriendly business and enough things to do for a long three day weekend.

Great opportunity to see the inside world of the Amish. Made several friends, bought many items and start to grow a beard

Hotels are as scare as bare face on a Amish man face but many great places to stay with 30 miles.

Whole family or couple don’t miss weekend.

Comment on Dandelion Flower Pickers Wanted (February 10th, 2017 at 17:18)

Dandelion Flower Pickers Wanted

We are launching a dandelion iced tea here in Brooklyn, New York. Our current supplier of flowers is a lovely young Amish woman named Julia, from Montana. Unfortunately we are looking for larger quantities than she can supply. So if anyone out there in the community can help us, please reach out to me on joey@liontea.com. We are looking for 6-1200 pounds to start. This will increase!

Comment on Amish Business Directory (March 1st, 2017 at 21:41)

Amish Business Directory

It’s really a nice and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this useful information with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

james keating
    Comment on Quote on metal roofing (March 20th, 2017 at 14:33)

Quote on metal roofing

I would like a quote on buying metal roofing and is it sold from debarats and a contact number for you please

James keating

Sault Ste Marie

Faith Kencel
    Comment on trees for the taking (April 19th, 2017 at 17:42)

trees for the taking

I live in Hamburg NY and have pine trees I would like removed and I think maybe we can help one another you can have them for free but you have to cut them down I have 3 quite large trees looking forward to here from you

Ralph
    Comment on Wood Toy Manufacturer (May 13th, 2017 at 06:58)

Wood Toy Manufacturer

I am ‘toying’ (no pun intended) with the idea of bringing a wood toy to the online market.

I was wondering if somebody either could put me in contact with or build small toys for babies or toddlers? Some guidelines:

1) product must conform to CPSIA
    2) Eco friendly wood
    3) maybe drool resistant paint or no paint
    4) US made of course

Please let me know if you can meet the above If you are able and interested, I can forward you a sample sketch for your review and pricing. I am looking forward to your positive response.

Warm Regards,

Ralph

Kris Paul
    Comment on Barn restoration (June 13th, 2017 at 09:30)

Barn restoration

We have a barn that has been partially restored and then the contractor stopped working. We are about 1 hour north of the Indiana / Ohio lines and are looking for an Amish crew. Does anyone have a referral? Any leads would be appreciated!!

Jo Beck
    Comment on Amish Cinch Maker (July 7th, 2017 at 20:53)

Amish Cinch Maker

I’m looking for Amish Cinch Maker Business. Please contact me.

Comment on Best amish furniture options (August 17th, 2017 at 21:59)

Best amish furniture options

I found https://www.amishshowroom.com/ I hope it helps for all out there looking for some true amish furniture options.

Valerie Gardner
    Comment on Jungers Kerosene Heater (September 11th, 2017 at 09:16)

Jungers Kerosene Heater

I have for sale a 2 burner Jungers Kerosene Heater with a porcelain finish. It stands 45 1/2 inches tall, 29 inches wide and 24 inches deep. Was previously used to heat a 1000+ sq ft office. I do not have a tank. I am located approximately 6 miles north of Port Sanilac, Michigan on M25. Asking $350 or best offer.

Leroy Utt
    Comment on Amish made apple cider press (September 12th, 2017 at 15:38)

Amish made apple cider press

I’m looking for apple cider press…does anybody in the Amish community make them for sale ?

Betsy Hortenberry
    Comment on Need Chimney built (September 28th, 2017 at 09:28)

Need Chimney built

Hi I’m looking for someone to give me a quote,possibly build(re-build)a chimney for a wood burner stove,already have 1 but the lining is falling down inside chimney.We’re in North East Indiana.Please contact me as soon as possible

Comment on Amish Contractors Needed (November 27th, 2017 at 11:08)

Amish Contractors Needed

We are a growing company located in Windham, OH that manufactures and installed machine guarding throughout the Midwest. Carpentry is the best skillset to perform this type of work. Looking for individuals or crews to travel to job sites for 4-6 days at a time for install. Transportation is provided and competitive wages. Is there a better method to advertise for this? If interested, please contact me at mark@arrowsolutions.net or 330-730-4805.